For the Color My Heart Color Dare Blog
It’s time for another Tic-Tac-Toe Color My Heart challenge and, this week, we are playing with the color palette in the Spruced Up collection. To join our challenge, simply link your creation before January 30th. Make sure that you do not add any additional colors other than what is shown below.
Rarely do I squirm over a Color Dare color challenge, but this week I was a bit perplexed. I haven’t decided if it is because I am struggling with the colors chosen or the current Spruced Up paper palette. It’s a mix of old world colors that I have used before, and, even though I truly enjoy the vintage feel♥, I am wrestling with the designs. That is one of the reasons I chose to keep my project Simply Beautiful.
My colors of choice – French Vanilla, Julep, Sangria, & Mink♥. If you would like to re-create this card, I have created a clear set of instructions for you as well as a list of the supplies I used on this project.
❤ENJOY Creating Today!
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” Spruced Up Sangria paper, 5¼” x 4″ French Vanilla cardstock, 5¼” x 2″ Sangria cardstock, 5″ x 1¾” French Vanilla cardstock, 3″ x 3″ Sangria cardstock, 2¼” x 2¼” Julep cardstock, 2″ x 2″ French Vanilla cardstock
- Adhere the 5¼” x 4″ French Vanilla cardstock onto the Spruced Up Sangria paper and adhere both to the front of a card base.
- Using Julep Ink, stamp the Floral image randomly onto the 5″ x 1¾” French Vanilla cardstock . Using Mink Ink, stamp the Ink Blot image randomly onto the same piece of French Vanilla cardstock.
- Layer the stamped cardstock onto the 5¼” x 2″ Sangria cardstock and adhere to the front of the card approximately ½” from the left side.
- Using the 2 ¾ ” Stitched Bracket Thin Cut, cut out a shape from the 3″ x 3″ Sangria cardstock.
- Round the corners of the 2¼” x 2¼” Julep cardstock and layer onto the Sangria bracket die-cut using Foam Tape for dimension.
- Stamp a large Ink Blot onto the center of the 2″ x 2″ French Vanilla cardstock with Mink Ink, then use Sangria Ink to stamp the sentiment onto the center. Round the corners and use a Grey Pen to add faux stitching. Adhere to the Julep cardstock.
- Embellish with Julep Ribbon, Julep Glitter Gems, Wood Shapes, and Bitty Sparkles.
I hope that today’s project inspired you to try something new and that you take a chance, like I did, to give the new color palette a try. If you do, please share your creation with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare challenge.
Some of the links in this blog post are affiliate links. By clicking on those links, and making a purchase, your are helping to support my small business. This is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.