Welcome to the Seasonal Expressions 2 Blog Hop,where we will be featuring products from our amazing Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog .
For this Blog Hop, I was able to do three things I love: Join a blog hop full of talented ladies, create some cards for my wonderful downline, and join in a Color My Heart Dare challenge. I just love the Sapphire, Smoothie, and Heather combination in our Beautiful Friendship collection. I have been seeing this color combination everywhere lately. How awesome is it that Close to My Heart is “in the know” when it comes to seasonal color combinations?!
And those tea cups….oh, my gosh! I have fallen in love with the Beautiful Friendship Cardmaking set. I just love those little flowers that you can add to the Cup and Teapot, not to mention that adorable little Teabag.
Here are a few techniques I used on this card:
- The Sapphire background was created using one of the PML cards from the Beautiful Friendship Paper Packet. I always end of with a few of these leftover and they make great backgrounds for cards.
- The “Create” sentiment is from another one of my favorite stamp sets – We Are Makers. I just love all these crafty sentiments that can be used on cards, scrapbook pages, or in a frame with Cricut® flowers.
- The “Steam” was stamped with Heather Ink using the second-generation stamping technique. This prevented it from competing with the sentiment, yet still gave another layer of depth to the card.
- The “Teacup” was stamped in Black Ink, then I added the Flower design with Smoothie ink. I wanted to add a little blue, but I was too lazy to color the flowers, so I added some dots with a ShinHan™ Twin Touch™ Marine Blue Marker.
- Both the Teabag and the Teacup were cut-out using our matching Thin Cuts. You can purchase the Beautiful Friendship Cardmaking stamp set as a bundle with these Thin Cuts dies.
- For another layer of texture, I stitched the “Banners” along the right side of the card using a Ruler and Piercing & Embossing Tool.
Just in case you wanted to re-create this card, I have included a complete list of the
Now “Hop” on over to Alayne Fleming’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas! If you would like a free Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog, contact your CTMH Consultant, or send me a message on my website. I can’t wait to see what you create!