This week, our Design Team is playing with these beautiful spring colors and I was inspired to create a little something for Easter. Before you take a look at my creation and take advantage of the Free Design Space Project File, I want to encourage you to play along with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare Blog. This challenge is open to anyone who loves to create with paper. All you have to do is use the colors in the photo, take a snapshot of your creation, and share the link where you posted it (Facebook, Pinterest, SplitCoast Stampers, Instagram). It’s so simple and fun, AND it’s gives you something to do while you are staying safe at home.♥ Just make sure to join the challenge BEFORE April 16th.
Is it just me or do the inspiration colors just scream spring? All those beautiful pastel colors made me ready for the snow to melt in my yard so that I can enjoy the the warm air and flowers in bloom. Spring means that Easter right around the corner, which is my inspiration for this Sweet Easter Box I created to be filled with my favorite chocolate treat.
For those of you who would like to recreate this project and give it as a special Easter Treat, I have a FREE DESIGN SPACE file just for you. All you need to do is click on the link below to open the file and start creating your Sweet Easter Boxes. After you have cut out all of your images, you can use the instructions below to help you assemble your box.
- After cutting the box from the Butterfly Mix-In paper, fold along the cut/score lines. (If you plan on stitching the sentiment in place – DO NOT GLUE THE TABS)
- Using the Say It with Style Stamp Set, stamp the sentiment with Intense Black Ink onto the two French Vanilla cardstock strips.
- Temporarily adhere the two sentiment strips onto the front of the box. Using a Piercing Tool, create holes for the thread to go through. Create four simple straight stitches on the sides of the sentiment strips.
- Adhere the tabs of the box in place using liquid adhesive to form your box.
- Using a sanding block, sand the edges of the flowers, leaves, and lagoon butterfly. (To create the “veins” in the leaves, fold the leaf in half then sand along the fold.)
- Assemble the flower using 3D Foam Dots and adhere onto the front of the box with the leaves.
- Assemble the butterfly and adhere to the handle of the box.
- Add Ribbon, Bitty Gems, or Shimmer to embellish.
- Fill with treats and give to someone special!!!
I hope that you were inspired by today’s project♥ and that you plan to join us for this week’s Color Dare Challenge. Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. By clicking on those links and making a purchase, you are helping to support my small business. This is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.