Faith, Family, Coffee, & Crafts
Hello & welcome! I am Miss. Carrie and I enjoy days filled with faith, family, LOTS of coffee, and crafts. I believe that life is complicated enough, and crafting needs to be simple. Each week, I teach detailed step-by-step paper crafting and Cricut tutorials that show you how to create scrapbook layouts, cards, home décor, and three-dimensional projects.
My background in teaching and technology has given me the ability to break down overwhelming concepts into bite-sized pieces and give everyone the confidence to create. I want to take the mystery out of the “how did she do that” and show you how to create something beautiful.
Faith & Family
I am blessed to be married to a wonderful man who supports my passions and enjoys my quirky personality. We have been married for thirty years, have four children of our own, and have fostered three. Our home was “that” house – always full of children from the neighborhood enjoying fresh cookies, working on homework after school, and bickering like siblings. The children are now grown, so we spend our days with the fur baby, working our day jobs, and spending our free moments as Awana missionaries.
My obsession with coffee didn’t start until I was much older, but I do remember many days spent at my grandmother’s house watching her and my grandfather enjoy their cups of joe. I find it to be a relaxing drink that I can enjoy any time of the day. When you visit my home, you will be treated with a warm cup of coffee or tea and a coffee bar of syrups and steamers that you can use to spruce up your drink.
Twenty-five years ago, I ventured into the world of paper crafting recording memories of my family in scrapbooks. Even back then, I didn’t follow the rules. I was invited to many a crop and often viewed as abnormal when I filled my pages with three-dimensional elements, paper piecing, chalk art, and mixed media. As a young mom, I relished the time away with friends. Unfortunately, this was short-lived. In 2002, we lost a treasured member of our family and my sadness kept me from being able to look at photos or scrapbooks.
Many years later, I was invited to a Cricut workshop. I was in awe of what that amazing machine could do. Soon after, I learned that CTMH was offering a Cricut incentive to become a consultant, and I joined the company. I spent almost ten years creating workshops, teaching classes, and helping the company promote its products.
In 2021, God had other plans for me. My time with CTMH came to an end and I chose to take a leap of faith and ventured into the world of content creation. To be honest, this is not where I pictured myself as an almost 50-year-old with seven college degrees, but it is the path that God has me on and I love it. I am blessed each day with crafty friends, people to inspire, and the ability to bring joy into someone’s life through creativity.
Achievements & Guest Appearances
- CTMH Convention Extravaganza Presenter 2018
- Heart2Heart Challenges Darling
- Creative Scrapbooker – Card Chosen for COTM 5/20
- Featured Scrapbook & Cards Today Blog 9/20
- CTMH Creativity in Motion Project Designer
- Craft Roulette – Guest Crafter 10/20
- Creative Scrapbooker – Card Chosen for COTM 8/20
- Color Dare Award
- CTMH Company Card Workshop Designer 2020
- Craft Roulette – Guest Crafter 2/21
- Scrapbook & Cards Today Blog 7/2021
- Scrapbook & Cards Today Blog 7/2021
- Creative Scrapbooker Card of the Month Winner – Sept 2021
- Michaels Craft Store Cricut Instructor
- Cardmaker Success Summit Speaker 2022
- Scrapbook 7 Cards Today Spring Challenge 2022
Other Bits of Information
- Life is messy, but faith in God keeps me going through the muck
- Geek freak nerd — all of the above from scifi to old Agatha Christie novels
- I love rare finds — decor, movies, books, people
- My left & right brain are in a constant battle
- In a file are seven college degrees in accounting, law, and technology – I use none
- Favorite color is tardis blue. Favorite combo is cyan and cherry red.
- I joke about having OCD, but it is a diagonsed mental health struggle. We all have them
- Our dog is named after the street the Awana warehouse was located for many years
- Don’t be surprised if you find me at a local target range
- Miss. Carrie came from my years of teaching special education – my favorite students.
Have a question, need a guest designer, or just want to chat??