A Little Bit About Me
Hello & welcome! I am Miss. Carrie and I enjoy days filled with faith, family, LOTS of coffee and crafts.
I have been married to a wonderful man for over 29 years who is devoted to the Awana ministry as a local missionary. With four grown children and a little fur baby by my side, I spend most of my time teaching people, like you, through my video tutorials and classes.
If you would like to know where I started and how I got here, keep on reading.
Twenty-five years ago, I ventured into the world of papercrafting and learned how to record memories of my family in scrapbooks. Even back then, I didn’t follow all the rules, but I enjoyed spending time with friends and learning new techniques. Unfortunately, this was short lived. In 2002 we lost a loved member of our family and I could no longer look at photos and had lost my desire to create.
Many years later, I was invited to a paper crafting workshop and was introduced to the Cricut machine. I was smitten. Soon after, I learned that CTMH was offering a free Cricut cartridge as a sign-up bonus. Well, I could not pass up that opportunity, but I told myself that I didn’t have time to sell or teach — I would just use it as a way to support my Cricut crafting habit.
Well, here we are, seven years later. Never did I expect to be where I am today. God has truly bless me in so many ways through friendships and crafting. Each day I have the opportunity to meet someone new and do what I love.
My Creative Resume
Achievements & Guest Appearances
- Convention Extravaganza Presenter 2018
- Heart2Heart Challenges Darling
- Creative Scrapbooker – Card Chosen for COTM 5/20
- Featured Scrapbook & Cards Today Blog 9/20
- CTMH Creativity in Motion Project Designer
- Craft Roulette – Guest Crafter 10/20
- Creative Scrapbooker – Card Chosen for COTM 8/20
- Color Dare Diamond Award
- Color Dare Ruby Award
- Color Dare Emerald Award
Other Tid Bits of Information
- Faith keeps me going through the muck
- My husband & I are Awana Missionaries
- Coffee Snob ~ I’m particular about my hourly drink
- My coffee mug collection is ever growing
- I am a huge freaky geeky nerd
- The right brain & left brain struggle
- Life is just always messy
- Tardis Blue is a favorite color
- Hate taking photos or videos showing my face
- My PennPenn is my daily crafting buddy
- I Love rare finds – décor, movies, shows, people
- You might see me on a local target range
One of the questions I often get asked is “Why Miss. Carrie”? This comes from my days of working in children’s ministry and special education. It was much easier to call me Miss. Carrie than it was to try to say my last name (which most people get wrong). I have such a heart for all children, especially those who need just a little extra care. The name has stuck with me ever since.