Father’s Day is right around the corner, and, since I enjoy giving you crafty ideas for holidays, I decided to create this Pinterest inspired “Apple of My Eye” card and gift box using the A Bushel & a Peck stamp set. This fun four-inch card not only has a sweet saying on the outside, but it includes the “I love you a bushel & a peck” sentiment inside. How great would this be to give to a dad in your life? You can fill the box with their favorite treat or add some baseball tickets or a few gift cards.
This “Apple of My Eye” card and gift box was not only designed with you in mind, but I also created it to enter this week’s Color My Heart Dare and heARTful Stamping challenges. It’s been awhile since I have joined one of these challenges. My craft-room has been in such a disarray that I haven’t been able to make much of anything, so being able to join these challenges makes my crafty heart happy. If you would like to recreate this project you can find the list of supplies I used at the bottom of this post, along with the instructions for completing the project.
Paper Needed for Card: 8″ x 4″ White Daisy Cardstock, (2) 4″ x 4″ Nutmeg Cardstock, 2¾” x 2¾” White Daisy Cardstock, 1″ x 2¾” White Daisy Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock Scraps
Card Assembly Instrucions:
1. To create the card base, fold the 8″ x 4″ White Daisy cardstock in half lengthwise and burnish the fold with a Bone Folder.
2. Adhere one of the 4″ x 4″ pieces of Nutmeg cardstock onto the front of the card base.
3. Using your paper trimmer, cut out a 3″ square from the center of the other 4″ x 4″ piece of Nutmeg cardstock. If desired, shade the edges of the “Frame” using a Sponge Dauber and Nutmeg Ink. Using Foam Tape, adhere the “Frame” onto the card.
4. Using Glacier Ink, stamp the “Buffalo Check” from the Documented Scrapbooking stamp set onto the 1″ x 2¾” White Daisy cardstock. Adhere this across the base of the 2¾” x 2¾” White Daisy cardstock. (You can choose to use B&T paper instead.)
5. Using Nutmeg Ink, stamp the “You’re the Apple of My Eye” sentiment onto the upper left corner of the 2¾” x 2¾” White Daisy cardstock. Using New England Ivy Ink, stamp the “Small Hearts” below the sentiment. (If you don’t own the Documented stamp set, the Leaf would look cute as an alternative to the hearts.)
6. Adhere the 2¾” x 2¾” White Daisy cardstock onto the center of the card.
7. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp the “Apple Basket” and “Apple” onto scraps of White Daisy cardstock.
8. Shade the “Apple Basket” and “Apples” using ShinHan™ Markers. Cut out the images and add them to the card using Foam Tape.
9. Stamp a sentiment inside the card, if you desire.
The Apple of My Eye Treat Box was create using a box image that I uploaded into Cricut Design Space™ and it decorated in much the same way that I did the card. You can find instructions for uploading the box image in this Tuesday Tutorial. Don’t forget that the A Bushel & a Peck stamp set is only available through June 30th for $5.00 with a qualifying purchase. I can’t wait to see what you create!
Glacier Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
New England Ivy Twine