Welcome to the Seasonal Expressions 2 Blog Hop,where we will be featuring products from our amazing Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog . If you haven’t had a chance to view this catalog, you can do so online or receive one free when you place an online order in May. If you have come here from Krista Hershberger’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished here, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.
For this Blog Hop, I was able to do three things I love: Join a blog hop full of talented ladies, create some cards for my wonderful downline, and join in a Color My Heart Dare challenge. I just love the Sapphire, Smoothie, and Heather combination in our Beautiful Friendship collection. I have been seeing this color combination everywhere lately. How awesome is it that Close to My Heart is “in the know” when it comes to seasonal color combinations?!
And those tea cups….oh, my gosh! I have fallen in love with the Beautiful Friendship Cardmaking set. I just love those little flowers that you can add to the Cup and Teapot, not to mention that adorable little Teabag.
Here are a few techniques I used on this card:
- The Sapphire background was created using one of the PML cards from the Beautiful Friendship Paper Packet. I always end of with a few of these leftover and they make great backgrounds for cards.
- The “Create” sentiment is from another one of my favorite stamp sets – We Are Makers. I just love all these crafty sentiments that can be used on cards, scrapbook pages, or in a frame with Cricut® flowers.
- The “Steam” was stamped with Heather Ink using the second-generation stamping technique. This prevented it from competing with the sentiment, yet still gave another layer of depth to the card.
- The “Teacup” was stamped in Black Ink, then I added the Flower design with Smoothie ink. I wanted to add a little blue, but I was too lazy to color the flowers, so I added some dots with a ShinHan™ Twin Touch™ Marine Blue Marker.
- Both the Teabag and the Teacup were cut-out using our matching Thin Cuts. You can purchase the Beautiful Friendship Cardmaking stamp set as a bundle with these Thin Cuts dies.
- For another layer of texture, I stitched the “Banners” along the right side of the card using a Ruler and Piercing & Embossing Tool.
Just in case you wanted to re-create this card, I have included a complete list of the supplies I used at the very bottom of this post. You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from almost twenty other Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using our products from the Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog on their blogs.
Now “Hop” on over to Alayne Fleming’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas! If you would like a free Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog, contact your CTMH Consultant, or send me a message on my website. I can’t wait to see what you create!
12 thoughts on “Seasonal Expressions 2 Blog Hop”
Oh BEAUTIFUL!! I just love this card, and that you incorporated the We ARe Makers stamp set…so lovely!
Thank you Krista. It’s one of my favorite sets.
Thanks so much for great tips!!! I especially loved the one of using extra PML cards for backgrounds on cards ….as I always have extra too….great idea! And brilliant stamping of the ‘steam’!! NICE!
You are welcome! I love being able to use up those extra supplies. 🙂
Love, love, love this card! BTW, CONGRATULATIONS on being selected to teach at Convention this year – what an honour and so well deserved! Your artwork is always fabulous 🙂
Thank you Alyson for the complements. I am excited and nervous to be speaking this year at convention. You are too kind in say this, but I honestly don’t feel like I deserve it.
Love all the little techniques, it really brings your card together, nice layout and pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week.
What a fantastic idea to use a PML card for the background base!! I love your card!
Such a pretty card! I like the layout of your paper and the bold word. Thanks for playing along at Color Dare.
Thank you Melanie
Love love love your card!!!
Thank you Jean.