Our Flower Market Collection has some beautiful two dimensional and three-dimensional flowers, yet I could not find a Crocus to create for spring. After playing with some of the images on the cartridge, I discovered a way to create one for this week’s tutorial. You can find a list of the supplies I used at the very bottom of this post.
Cricut Design Space™ Instructions:
1. Insert the Lilac Flower (#MD38897) image into your canvas.
2. DUPLICATE two times, then resize two images to 3″h and one image to 2″h.
3. Insert the Holly (#MFAE002) image into your canvas.
4. DELETE the Berries. Using CONTOUR, remove all images except the “Pine Needles”.
5. Resize the “Pine Needles” to 2.5″w x .66″h.
6. Change all images to desired colors and cut out the images.
1. Using a sponge and ink of choice, ink the edges of each of the “Petals”.
2. Use a Bone Folder to curl the tips of each of the “Petals” up, then layer the “Flowers” from largest to smallest, rotating each slightly. If desired used 3D Foam Tape between each layer to add dimension. (DO NOT block the hole in the flowers.)
3. To create the “Stamen” use a Quilling Tool to roll the “Pine Needles” from largest to smallest into a tube shape and glue in place.
4. Use the Quilling Tool to curl each of the “Pine Needles” down.
5. Insert the completed “Stamen” into the center of the completed Crocus Flower and glue into place.
6. If desired, use a Gold Shimmer Brush to add shimmer to each of the petals.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s tutorial and that you take the time to create with your Cricut® this week. If you enjoy the Flower Market Collection as much as I do, you can purchase it on my website, OR host an online Facebook party or in-home gathering to purchase the collection at 50% off the retail price*. Contact me today and start earning free Close to My Heart Products and 50% off our Cricut Collections. I can’t wait to see what you create with this tutorial!
Gold Shimmer Brush
* Party total must reach $250 in retail sales to qualify for 50% hostess rewards.
The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.