Cricut® Valentine Treasure
During the month of December, I took time off from the Tuesday Tutorials to focus on family and the holidays. Now that the New Year is here, I am excited to show you some more weekly tutorials. I truly enjoy being able to show you how to create projects and gifts you can give to using your Cricut® machine and our Close to My Heart Cricut® Collections.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to show you how to make this charming Valentine Treasure using images from our Flower Market Collection. This holds a single Treasure candy that you can also decorate with patterned paper. As always, a list of products used on this project can be found at the very bottom of this post.
Cricut® Design Space Instructions:
1. Insert the Special Delivery Tag – #MD402A2 and the Royal Crown – #MD4218A images into your canvas. Delete all the images except the “Tag” shape and “Crown Front”.
2. I wanted a fancier topper for my treat holder, so need to WELD the two images together. Position the “Crown Front” over the top of the tag and resize as needed. SELECT ALL and WELD the two images together.
3. The candy I used measures 1³⁄8″ x 1″, so I am going to size the “Front” of the holder to 1.75″w and 2.75″h. UNLOCK the image and type in the measurement in the Edit Bar.
4. DUPLICATE the image to create the “Back” of the holder. Choose FLIP the FLIP VERTICAL to make the “Back” of the holder upside-down.
5. Insert a SQUARE shape and resize the SQUARE to 1.6″w x 1″h. (This needs to be the exact same width as the bottom of the “Front”.)
6. Position the “Front”, “Base” and “Back” as shown, then SELECT ALL and ALIGN CENTER HORIZONTALLY.
7. Move the images until all the edges touch, then SELECT ALL and WELD. (I used the Zoom feature for this step.)
8. If needed, ROTATE the image 90′ so that is looks like the image above, and POSITION the image at X=0 and Y=1.
9. INSERT a SCORE LINE then change the HEIGHT to 1.6″ and the POSITION to X=2.75 and Y=1. DUPLICATE the SCORE LINE and change the POSITION to X=3.75 and Y=1.
10. SELECT ALL and ATTACH the Score Lines to the image.
I added a Heart Border from the Artbooking Collection and circles for the stamped image. The treat holder is folded on the score lines, the treasure added inside, then held together with a brad and a ribbon on top. This Valentine Treasure can be made using any stamp set you own. I can’t wait to see what you create!
Ask me to the latest discount codes on Cricut® machines and products.
Shop Cricut.com and save on the Rolling Craft Tote + Machine Tote, Tweed Bundle
12 x 12 White Daisy Cardstock
* The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.