This past month, I have been posting Flower Tutorials using images from our Cricut® Flower Market Cartridge. I had originally planned on this week’s tutorial being the Poinsettia, but honestly, I am just not ready for Christmas yet. I have always wanted to make these cute little pumpkins for the Thanksgiving table, so, this week, I created this little Paper Pumpkin Treat in Design Space® using images from our Flower Market Cartridge. I created this tutorial so that you can make these cute little Paper Pumpkin Treats for your Thanksgiving guests. At the very bottom of this post, you can find a list of the supplies used on this project.
Paper Needed: 12″ x 12″ Goldrush Cardstock, 12″ x 12″ Fern Cardstock, 12″ x 12″ Toffee Cardstock, 12″ x 12″ White Daisy Cardstock
Design Space® and Assembly Instructions:
1. Insert the Cherry Blossom Twig Wreath – #MD42136 into your Canvas. DELETE the vine wreath image, then use CONTOUR to remove all but one of the leaves.
2. Turn the LEAF image so that it is upright (vertical) and RESIZE to 1.25″w x 3″h.
3. DUPLICATE the LEAF image five times (six leaves) and position the leaves into a “flower” shape.
4. Insert a CIRCLE shape and RESIZE to 1.25″. Place the Circle into the center of the Leaves, then select WELD.
5. Insert a CIRCLE shape and RESIZE to 0.4″, then DUPLICATE the Circle five times (six circles). Place each Circle onto the tip of each Leaf, then SELECT ALL and WELD.
6. To create the Stem, insert the Holly – #MFAE002 image into your Canvas, DELETE the Berries, then use CONTOUR to remove all the images except the “Fringe”. The leaf was created from the Maple Leaf – #MD6F565 image, then RESIZED to 2″.
NOTE: The Pumpkin itself is about 2″ tall. If you would like to make larger Pumpkins, you can resize all of the images before cutting.
7. To assemble the Paper Pumpkin, place glue onto a small circle at the tip of one of the Leaf shapes, then attach that circle to the circle on the Leaf shape next to it. Continue around. (If you plan on putting candy in the center, add it before assembling the Pumpkin.)
8. To create the Stem, use a Quilling Tool to roll up the “Fringe” image, then glue the end closed. Attach the Leaf to the top of the Pumpkin, then adhere the Stem to the top of the Pumpkin using Liquid Glass. Use the Quilling Tool curl the tips of the Stem.
I created the tag using the “I am Grateful For You Jar” recipe from our Holiday Expressions catalog, and attached it to the stem with some White and Bronze Twine. I hope that you take the time to create some of these cute Paper Pumpkin Treats for your Thanksgiving guests. Please feel free to post what you have created on my Facebook page. I can’t wait to see what you create!
* The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.