Welcome to the Just for FUN Blog Hop where we will be showcasing projects created with our fabulous Fundamentals products. If you have come here from Haley Dyer’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. This blog hop is designed to allow you to start here and work your way around. It’s simple, fun, and full of ideas you can using our Fundamentals products. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.
November is the time to stock-up on our Fundamentals products and save! Our Fundamentals papers are designed to coordinate with our ink, cardstock, complements, and ribbons. No more running to the store to find the “perfect shade”. Close to My Heart has done all the work for you so that you can enjoy crafting without worrying if the colors will match. (LOVE THIS!)
As I decorate my home for Fall, I always enjoy finding new projects to create. I saw this adorable fall banner online and had to recreate it using our Enchantment and Basic Fundamentals papers with my Cricut® machine. If you wish to recreate this Blessed Banner for your home, I have included a list of supplies, Cricut® cuts, and a short tutorial below.
Cricut® Images Used:
Banner Page – #M4235A (4.5″w x 6″h)
Square – #M423C5 (3.75″w x 3.25″w)
Square – #M423C5 (3.5″w x 3.0″w)
Maple Leaf – #MD6F565
Feather Leaf – #MD717F5
Oak Leaf – #MD6F5EF
Inserting text can be tricky in Design Space®, so I have included a quick tutorial to help you add text to your Blessed Banner.
Inserting and Ungrouping Text in Cricut® Design Space
1. After inserting all of your images into your Canvas, you will choose TEXT in the Design Panel, then type BLESSED in the text box.
2. When you insert text, the Text Edit Bar will drop down to allow you to choose the font you wish to use. ALL shows all fonts available. SYSTEM shows fonts that on on your computer. CRICUT shows fonts that are just Cricut® fonts.
3. Use your FILTER to narrow the choices down even more. MY FONTS are ones you own. MULTI-LAYER are layered while SINGLE-LAYER are not. WRITING fonts are for writing. You can choose more then one of these filter options.
4. Once you have chosen an FONT, you can change the STYLE if you wish.
5. With your TEXT selected, choose ADVANCED then choose UNGROUP TO LETTERS. You will notice that in your Layers Panel, each letter is now it’s own layer. This will allow you to move each letter individually to the banner pieces.
6. Move each letter and resize as needed. You can UNLOCK to resize the width and height separately, or keep it locked to make sure that the letter sizes proportionately.
7. You can still change the font, color, and style after you have UNGROUPED the text. You will have to change each one individually if you change your mind, or UNDO to REGROUP the text and choose the font again.
You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from nineteen other Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their ideas using Close to My Heart Fundamentals products. Now “Hop” on over to Brandi Robinson’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas.
You can save up to 40% off on our Fundamentals products during the month of November. Contact your consultant or visit the Promotions tab on my website
to learn how you can save on these amazing products.
I can’t wait to see what you create!
* The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.