I love the creating projects with all of the beautiful tones of fall and our Feel So Blessed stamp of the month makes me want to make even more projects this year. You will enjoy using the sentiments of gratitude for both cards and scrapbook pages, as well as the simple, yet, elegant images that Close to My Heart chose for this stamp set. This week, I created a easy-to-assemble thank-you card using some of our products from the NEW Holiday Expressions catalog.
Paper Needed: 11″ x 4¼” Cardstock (Almond), 5½” x 4¼” Cardstock (Almond), 1¾” x 4¼” B&T Paper (Cats & Bats), 1¼” x 4¼” Cardstock (Fern)
1. Fold the 11″ x 4¼” cardstock in half lengthwise at 5½” to create the card base, then using a Corner Rounder, round the corners of the card base. Set aside.
2. Using a Corner Rounder, round the two bottom corners of the 5½” x 4¼” cardstock. Using Watercolor Paints, splatter warm brown onto the cardstock. Let dry.
3. Using Nutmeg Ink, stamp a “Feather” image onto the lower right side of the 5½” x 4¼” cardstock.
4. Create a mask from a sticky note to cover the stamped image, then stamp the second “Feather” image using Nutmeg Ink.
5. Shade both “Feather” images using Watercolor Pencils and a Small Round Watercolor Brush. (I used Olive and Autumn Terracotta).
6. Using Black Ink, stamp the “Grateful” sentiment to the left of the feather images.
7. Create an ombre look by placing Goldrush Ink on half of the “Everything” sentiment and Saffron Ink on the other half. Stamp the image onto the card below “Grateful”.
8. Adhere the 1¾” x 4¼” B&T paper strip horizontally across the top of the card.
9. Using the Leaves Embossing Folder, dry emboss the 1¼” x 4¼” cardstock. Adhere the cardstock to the card horizontally in the center of the B&T paper strip.
10. Gently pull apart a 6″ piece of White Burlap Ribbon into separate strands. Wrap three stands around the 1¼” x 4¼” cardstock and attach to the back with tape. Use two of the remaining strands to create a decorative knot on the left side of the card. Trim as needed.
11. Adhere the 5½” x 4¼” cardstock to the card base.
12. Add a sentiment to the inside of the card if desired.
Don’t forget that the Feel So Blessed stamp of the month is only available until September 30th. Visit the “Promotions” tab on my website to learn how you can purchase this stamp set for only $5.00.
2 thoughts on “So Blessed & Grateful Card”
Thank you so much for sharing this idea. I am using your idea in my class this Saturday, although I changed it up a bit!
You are welcome. I would love to see what you created. You can post it to my Facebook page if you like.