Welcome to the School Year Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring the August School Year stamp set, which is perfect for creating cards, scrapbook pages, or gifts for teachers and friends. If you have come here from Brandi Robinson’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. This blog hop is designed to allow you to start here and work your way around. It’s simple, fun, and full of ideas using the School Year stamp set.
If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog: http://ifyoublingit.blogspot.com/p/stamp-of-month-blog-hop-list.html.
During the month of August, I will be creating weekly projects using the School Year stamp set. This week, I have created a sweet back-to-school gift and I wanted to share with you how you can create a this box using Cricut® Design Space. I love teaching people how to use their Cricut® machines, so I encourage you to dust off your machine and take the time to follow this quick tutorial. As always, I’ve included a list of the products used to create this project at the very bottom of this post.
Creating this Box Using Design Space:
1. Insert a Square shape using INSERT SHAPE. Unlock the size to change the SIZE of the box to 4¼” x 5½”. Set the POSITION to X=0″ and Y=0″. (This will help when positioning score lines.)
2. Insert a Score Line using INSERT SHAPE. Set the SIZE of the Score Line at 5½” and the POSITION at X=1″ and Y=0″.
3. DUPLICATE the Score Line and set the POSITION at X=3.25″ and Y=0″.
4. Insert a third Score Line, and ROTATE 90°. Change the SIZE at 4¼” and the POSITION at X=0 and Y=2.25″.
5. DUPLICATE the third Score Line a POSITION at X=0 and Y=3.25″.
6. Insert a Score Line, Rotate 90°, then change the Size to 1″ and the POSITION at X=0 and Y=2.25″. In the LAYERS PANEL click the Score Circle, then change the Score Line to a Cut Line.
7. DUPLICATE the Cut Line, and set the POSITION at X=0 and Y=3.25″.
8. DUPLICATE the Cut Line, and set POSITION at X=3.25″ and Y=2.25″
9. DUPLICATE the Cut Line, and set POSITION at X=3.25″ and Y=3.25″
10. SELECT ALL and ATTACH. This will attach all the Score Lines and Cut Lines to the Rectangle.
11. MAKE IT and you are ready to go. I was able to make four boxes from one 12″ x 12″ sheet of cardstock. (NOTE: You will need a Cricut® Scoring Tool to create score lines.)
You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from over twenty other Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month’s School Year stamp set and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs.
Now “Hop” on over to Melissa Robinson’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas! Remember, the School Year Acrylic stamp set is available until August 30th! Contact your CTMH Consultant, or visit the Promotions tab my website to see how you can get this stamp set for only $5.00.
13 thoughts on “School Year SOTM Blog Hop”
Too cute! This is a fantastic idea! Great tutorial too.
Oh I will have to try this! Thanks you for the instructions:)
Love this “box”. Thanks so much for sharing the DS file! I can’t wait to try this!
Great idea to create a back-to-school gift box.
Great idea, love that you included a tutorial.
Your sweet treat box is a great idea for back-to-school. Love it!
Great job, I love this idea!
Super cool gift box! Thanks for the tutorial. I will be trying this. TFS
Great idea….love it!
What a great post and I love how you took the time to make such great instructions!! Thank you for this post!
Thank you so very much for your Cricut tutorial. You make it look so easy – will definitely give this a try. Also love the way your gift turned out
What a sweet and thoughtful treat!