The June Stamp of the Month, Hello Foxy, has three cute little foxes, adorable little flowers, a wreath and sentiments. This week, I used the floral Wreath image with our Rustic Home Fundamentals to create a gender neutral card that can be given for just about any occasion. During the month of June, I will be creating weekly projects using the Hello Foxy stamp set, so be sure to visit often. As always, I’ve included a list of the products I used to create this card at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, (7) 5″ x ½” B&T Paper (I used Rustic Fundamentals Woodgrain), (2) 4¼” x ½” B&T Paper (I used Rustic Fundamentals Woodgrain), 5″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock (for stamped image)
1. To create the inked background, use a sponge to apply Sweet Leaf Ink to the bottom third of the card base, then, using Glacier ink, sponge color on the top two-thirds of the card base. NOTE: I prefer to use sticky notes with the full-adhesive on the back to create a mask. I laid the card base flat on my work surface, then masked the edges.
3. Adhere the “Fence Pickets” vertically, evenly spaced, onto the card base.
4. Using a sponge, apply Desert Sand ink to the edges of the two 4¼” x ½” B&T paper strips. Adhere these paper strips horizontally to create the “Fence Railings”. Using Black Ink, stamp the sentiment onto the right side of the bottom “Fence Railing”.
5. Using Black Ink, stamp the “Wreath” image onto the White Daisy cardstock. Using Watercolor Pencils, shade the “Wreath” image. (I used Dutch Blue, Spring Iris, Honey, Clover Meadow, and Citrus Leaf.)
6. Cut out the “Wreath” image and adhere it to the “Fence” using Thin 3D Foam Tape. NOTE: I used our Circle Thin Cuts to cut out the center circle.
7. Using Black Ink, stamp the “Sitting Fox” image onto the White Daisy cardstock. Using Watercolor Pencils, shade the “Sitting Fox” image. (I used Brown Bag and Autumn Terracotta.)
8. Cut out the “Sitting Fox” image then adhere to the bottom left side of the card using Thin 3D Foam Tape.
9. If desired, add a Jute Bow and stamp a sentiment inside the card.
Remember, the Hello Foxy Acrylic stamp set is available until June 30th ! Contact me or visit my website to see how you can get this stamp set for only $5.00!