Welcome to the Hello Foxy Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring the June Hello Foxy stamp set, which is one of the most adorable sets I have seen this summer.
If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog: http://ifyoublingit.blogspot.com/p/stamp-of-month-blog-hop-list.html.
During the month of June, I will be creating weekly projects using the Hello Foxy stamp set. This week, I used inks to create a simple background for one of the cute little Fox images and made a quick card that can be used for any occasion by simply changing the sentiment. As always, I’ve included a list of the products I used to create this card at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 12″ x 6″ White Daisy Cardstock, 6″ x 6″ Crystal Blue Cardstock, 5¾” x 5¾” Whisper Cardstock, 5½” x 5½” White Daisy Cardstock, 2″ x 2″ White Daisy Cardstock (for stamped image)
1. Score the 12″ x 6″ White Daisy cardstock at 6″ to create a card base.
2. To create the inked background, begin by creating a mask with a 3¾” circle cutout. NOTE: I prefer to use sticky notes with the full-adhesive on the back for masks. I taped four together, cut out the circle, then transferred them to the center of the 5½” x 5½” White Daisy cardstock.
3. Using a sponge, apply Sweet Leaf Ink to the bottom third of the circle, then, using Glacier ink, sponge color on the top two-thirds of the circle. Remove the mask to reveal an inked circle background.
4. Using Fern Ink, stamp the “Flower” image onto the bottom center of the circle, then stamp two “Flower Garland” images on either side to create an extended garland. NOTE: If you do not want the flowers off the edge of the circle, you can leave the mask on while stamping. I did create a mask for the center flower before stamping the “Flower Garland”.
5. Using Watercolor Pencils, shade the Garland image. I used Citrus Leaf and Sorbet.
6. Using Black Ink, stamp the sentiment above the Garland image.
7. Using Black Ink, stamp the “Sitting Fox” image onto the 2″ x 2″ White Daisy cardstock.
8. Using Watercolor Pencils, shade the “Sitting Fox” image. I used Brown Bag and Autumn Terracotta.
9. Cut out the “Sitting Fox” image then adhere to the card above the sentiment.
10. Adhere the 5½” x 5½” White Daisy cardstock to the center of the 5¾” x 5¾” Whisper cardstock, then adhere to the 6″ x 6″ Crystal Blue cardstock. Adhere the cardstock layers to the front of the card base.
You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from over twenty Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month’s Hello Foxy Stamp of the Month and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs.
Now “Hop” on over to Jen Rubio’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas! Remember, the Hello Foxy Acrylic stamp set is available until June 30th ! Contact your CTMH Consultant, or visit my website to see how you can get this stamp set for only $5.00!