Close to My Heart has outdone themselves for National Scrapbooking Month. The Live Beautifully collection has an awe-inspiring paper pack and acrylic stamp set that I used to create some beautiful Mother’s Day cards. This week, I joined the Live Beautifully Color Dare challenge with this gorgeous basket weave card. During the month of May, Color My Heart Dare has challenged paper crafters to use this breathtaking Live Beautifully collection. If you wish to create this card, I have included a list of the products I used to at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 8½” x 5½” Sea Glass Cardstock, 3¼” x 5½” B&T Paper (I used Black Rose), 1¼” x 5¼” B&T Paper (I used Gold Rose), ½” x 5¼” B&T Paper (I used Gold Zip-Strip), 1¼” x 4” B&T Paper (I used Pink Ombre), 3″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock
1. Fold the 8½” x 5½” Sea Glass Cardstock at 4¼” to create the card base.
2. Place a template over the folded edge with slash marks facing down, secure it in place, then cut on all lines. NOTE: I recreated the template in Cricut® Design Space so that I could use it again in the future.
3. Cut the bottom triangle off and set it aside. DO NOT THROW THIS AWAY.
4. Open the card and lay it flat with the outside of the card facing up. Working on the outside of the card, fold every other triangle down, and tuck it under the one below.
5. Adhere the triangle cut from the bottom of the card to the top and tuck the end under.
6. Adhere the 3¼” x 5½” B&T paper to the front of the card.
7. Cut chevrons into the shorter ends of the 1¼” x 5¼” B&T paper and the ½” x 5¼” B&T paper, then adhere to the card as shown.
8. Cut a chevron into the shorter end of the 1¼” x 4” B&T paper. Using Black Ink, stamp the sentiment, then adhere the paper strip to the card.
9. Using Pixie Ink, stamp the “Rose” image onto the White Daisy cardstock. To create the shaded look, I used the Bubblegum and Sorbet Watercolor pencils on the stamped image.
10. Using Sea Glass Ink, stamp the “Leaves” image onto the White Daisy cardstock. I shaded the leaves using the Ocean Watercolor pencil.
11. Adhere the “Leaves” and “Rose” images to the card using a Glue Pen and Thin 3D Foam Tape.
12. Add a sentiment to the inside of the card if desired.