This week’s Color My Heart Dare challenge requires the use of Pacifica, White Daisy, Black and Emerald. What an exciting combination of colors! I took advantage of the Some Kinda’ Wonderful paper pack and the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge to create this amusing Get Well card. As always, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this card at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 3″ x 4″ B&T Paper (I used the Some Kinda Wonderful PML), 2¼” x 4″ B&T Paper (I used Some Kinda’ Wonderful), 2″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock (Jar), 1″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock (Bugs), 3″ x ½” B&T Paper (I used Some Kinda’ Wonderful)
1. Adhere the 3″ x 4″ B&T paper horizontally to the center of the card base 1/8″ from the top. NOTE: I cut out a Picture My Life card from the Some Kinda’ Wonderful paper pack, then used the writing feature on my Cricut with the Flower Market Cartridge to create the sentiment. You could use the Pen Pal or Jennifer’s Hand stamp sets to create the same look.
2. Adhere the 2¼” x 4″ B&T paper below the 3″ x 4″ B&T paper.
3. Cut a 4″ piece of ribbon and attach it to the card between the two pieces of paper.
4. Using the Flower Market Cartridge and a Cricut, create the Mason Jar by creating the “cut” image at 2.75″ on White Daisy Cardstock. NOTE: To create the outline, I created a duplicate image that was slightly smaller and changed the layer to a “write”. You could create the same effect with the Vivid Green ShinHan Marker.
5. Using Black Ink, stamp three “Bug” images inside the mason jar.
6. Using Emerald Ink, stamp three “Bug” images onto the 1″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock. Using the Thin Cuts, cut out the three bug images. To create the dual toned effect, cut out the center and antennae from the Emerald Bugs before layering them onto the Black Bugs.
7. Cut the 3″ x ½” B&T paper in half, then cut chevrons onto the smaller ends. Layer the paper strips and Mason Jar onto the card, as shown.
7 thoughts on “Simple Get Well Card”
Adorable and fun card and sentiment…love the lady bugs in the jar. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week, and please join us on Friday for another great color challenge.
Love your card! Great use of the color dare colors, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Color My Heart.
This is the cutest card I have seen in a long time! I love the bugs in the jar to go along with the sentiment… just adorable. The colour scheme is used perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Colour Dare again this week!
Thank you Alyson. I loved putting these colors together this week.
Ooh! I love your Emerald ladybugs. This is just adorable! Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us at the Color Dare blog.
Love your green lady bugs! Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare!